This MOT Training Course will help you develop your skills to become a nominated tester for class 1 and 2. In this course, you will focus on working safely within the test centre whilst carrying out the MOT, enhancing your professional development and working relationships within your test centre, as well as pre-test checks & the MOT tests.
MOT Qualification Course for Motorbikes Overview
The first thing you need to do is make sure you are eligible:
- Have a current and full UK Driving Licence for the vehicle classes you want to test
- Be a skilled mechanic with at least 4 years full-time employment in the service and repair of the vehicle types to be tested
- A level 3 qualification
- Have no ‘unspent’ convictions for criminal offences connected with the MOT Testing Scheme or the motor trade, or involving acts of violence or intimidation
- Be ‘of good repute’
Who is the MOT qualification for?
The MOT Tester Course, Award in MOT Testing Class 1 and 2, has been developed for individuals who would like to improve their career by becoming qualified MOT Testers for motorbikes, mopeds and scooters.
Who might be interested in taking this qualification?
This qualification is primarily developed for those individuals who wish to enhance their career by qualifying as an MOT Tester for Class 1 and 2. Achievement of this qualification enables them to apply to undertake the DVSA final observed assessment, in order to achieve their Certificate of Competence (CoC), enabling them to become a Nominated Tester for Class 1 and 2.
What will the learner study as part of this qualification?
The content of this qualification has been designed to reflect the contents of the National Occupational Standards for MOT Testers.
The content of the qualification includes:
- working safely within a vehicle test centre
- communicating with colleagues and customers
- carrying out pre-test checks
- carrying out an MOT test on Class 1 and 2
How long is the course and what is the price?
The MOT training Course for motorbikes, mopeds and scooters (Class 1 and 2), is a 2 day course, with a multiple choice test and a practical exam.
The price of the course is £550.00.